There is a big number of user support systems on the market – each claim to be one of the kind, uniques, and universal. Nevertheless, most of them are based on similar ideas – task/ request automation will increase your leads thus boosting your profitability. So if you want to increase your profit without wasting a lot on hiring new people and increasing your workforce, then it is time to consider using helpdesk software or ticketing systems. How to choose the right user support system? What to look for? Let’s talk about the most critical modules and features a quality helpdesk program should have.
What Is Important in HelpDesk Software?
HelpDesk and ServiceDesk systems are designed to significantly increase the quality of support and customer service provided. The reality is that most companies have their own unique processes and workflows. Fortunately, existing solutions are quite flexible and versatile, and there is the possibility of adapting them to any workflow.
Of course, each specific system may include additional functionality based on the needs of the company. However, the general principle in all the systems is the same. It includes the following components:
- Case reporting module;
- Application database;
- Application status and alert tracking system;
- Knowledge base to resolve typical incidents;
- Varied channels of communication, such as live chat software;
- Customizable templates for standard reporting and monitoring.
Having all these in place, you can organize the work of the team in the most effective way. As a result, your customers will receive timely assistance and will be happy about the service.
Main Advantages of Professional HelpDesk Solutions
Based on the above, helpdesk software will allow you to arrange workflows and request handling in the most effective way. However, when making use of a professional software solution, you have even more perks:
- Easy interface for both a user and admin;
- Sending automatic responses to user requests allows you to unload support staff and provide instant answers to typical requests;
- Automatic notification of the user about receiving the request and assigning it an ID number;
- Conducting correspondence by e-mail and through the interface of the site;
- Automatic merging of requests in an easy-to-follow way with the ability to view the entire correspondence;
- Automatic calculation of the approximate response time for each ticket;
- Forward requests to departments of the company with the appointment of responsible persons for each department;
- Prepare email templates for automatic responses and notifications;
- Unlimited number of external users and support staff;
- Saving the full history of hits for each user;
- Availability of information about the status of the request in the user’s personal account;
- Solving the problems of managing customer requests, regardless of the scope of the company.
Of course, you can set up and adjust some extra features of helpdesk software to make sure it meets the specific needs of your company/project or team. For example, you can configure live chat software to ensure fast and efficient interaction with your customers.